Sunday, February 14, 2010

Cream of Broccoli Soup

Cream of Broccoli Soup

One large head of broccoli
one medium potato
one yellow onion
two carrots
1/2 inch fresh ginger
four cloves of fresh garlic
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp tamari
1 cup of rice or soy milk
1 tbsp miso (thick)
1 can of coconut milk 2 tbsp agave
dash of pepper

Cut all vegetables into large pieces. Add ginger, garlic and two cups of water.
Place in a large pot.
Cook until all vegetables are tender.
Blend cooked vegetables with one cup of rice or soy milk.
Blend until smooth.
Return mixture to pot.
Add all remaining ingredients except for miso.
Cook 10 to 15 minutes on medium heat stirring occasionally.
Turn off heat and the add miso.
Serves six hungry Vegans. Enjoy!

I forgot to get the coconut milk and couldn't find any pepper. It turned out the only rice milk we had contained vanilla. Still it turned out well. I
Ife was squirmy and wouldn't sit in his seat. I let him sit on my lap, figuring the extra attetion wouldn't hurt since he has a cold and it teething again. He ate all his soup as did Jonathan and I.
I sometimes wish I was the kind of Mother who could make these kind of healthy from scratch meals every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment